WANTED WAREHOUSE HELPER
We are currently hiring a full-time warehouse helper for 30-40 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will possess well-rounded knowledge and experience in general labour and warehousing tasks.
Duties will include, but are not exclusive to:
- Managing inventory
- Organizing and restocking shelving areas
- General handyman work
The applicant will have a can-do attitude and high problem-solving skills. They will also work well with others or alone with minimal supervision.
This is an inclusive workplace, and newcomers to Toronto are welcome to apply!
To join our Toronto Movers team, apply via our Careers Page
Please note that Cargo Cabbie is a smoke-, alcohol-, and drug-free environment.
DUTIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Pick and pack customer products and prepare for shipping.
- Accurately complete all paperwork and return it in accordance to set procedures.
- Prepare and label freight for shipping.
- Moderate lifting of 50lbs.
- Properly perform tasks to assure safety and to prevent damage to freight.
- Responsible for general housekeeping on the dock including sweeping of the dock and transportation equipment, empting garbage bins etc.
- Count and inspect all shipments to ensure accuracy and make appropriate notations on manifests for any exception (overage, shortage, damage). Promptly report any O S & D problems or improper loading to the shift supervisor.
- Perform all work in a safe, efficient manner and operate all equipment in an appropriate and safe way while being aware of all pedestrian traffic on the dock.
- Must wear required company uniform.
- Maintain an orderly, clean and safe work area including the dock and office area.
- Follow all required company policies and quality control standard operating procedures.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be physically able to stand and walk around dock for long periods of time and in trailers on surfaces that can sometimes be slippery and wet, be able to move freight with or without the aid of freight handling equipment, be able to bend, twist, climb and move about in small spaces, and be able to lift and reach for objects.
- Experience working in a warehouse or cross dock facility is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English documents related to freight movement
Job Type: Full-time
- Warehouse: 1 year
- Billing or Transportation: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification:
For Movers positions apply here!
For Team Lead positions apply here!
jobs,careers,general labour jobs,general labour,moving jobs,painting jobs,cleanings jobs,warehousing jobs,moving company jobs,Careers at Cargo Cabbie,full time jobs,full time job,work as a mover,toronto movers job,