STORAGE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
USE OF STORAGE SPACE
The Renter hereby agrees and acknowledges that any move into or out of Cargo Cabbie’s storage facilities shall at all times be performed by Cargo Cabbie’s moving staff and or authorized personnel with the sole exception of a Renter moving into or out of the province of Ontario and with explicit advance notice and authorization to and by Cargo Cabbie management.
The Space (“Space”) assigned to the Renter shall be used by the Renter for storing the Renter goods.
(GOODS AND VEHICLES) in accordance with the Renters Obligations. The Renter shall not at any time use the Space as a Mobile Home/Camp Site.
- a) The Renter shall have access to his or her GOODS AND VEHICLES upon request, prior notice of at least 48 hours before the day of the access, as long as their account is in good standing.
- b) Due to the type of building setup, access to the public is limited and not permitted. In case the Renter requires access to their belongings there will be a $60 dollar access fee/charge in order to have a warehouse associate open, attend and supervise the Renter visit for a maximum of one-hour. If extra hours are required, the office must be notified as this needs to be booked ahead of time and additional charges will apply. An additional $60 will be applied if an extra mover will be required in order to remove the Renter item/s from their storage space.
- The Renter shall pay the total Monthly Rental Amount and all other charges (“Other Charges”) when the same become due. Other Charges will include, but are not limited to, NSF charges, third party repair or contracting bills, maintenance costs, or any other expense incurred pursuant to the terms described in this Rental Agreement.
- The Renter shall not interfere in any significant way with the rights of Cargo Cabbie or other renters on the premises.
- The Renter shall not perform any illegal acts or carry on any trade, business or occupation on the premises.
- The Renter shall not endanger persons or property on the premises.
- The Renter shall not make any repairs, alterations, replacements or improvements to any part of the Space or premises without exception. Damage caused by the Renter will be repaired by a third party contractor at the Cargo Cabbie’s discretion. Any such repairs will be billed to the Renter as Other Charges.
- The Renter shall not keep, use or store in or upon the Space any firearms, explosives, toxic chemicals, or any article which may be prohibited by any fire insurance policy in force from time to time covering the premises. This does not include household chemicals and propane or other fuels as part of the vehicle or trailer which are allowed.
- The Renter represents and warrants that he or she is in lawful possession of all goods stored in or on the Space. The Renter AGREES TO ADVISE CARGO CABBIE IN WRITING OF THE FULL NAME AND ADDRESS OF ANY PERSON OR CORPORATION OTHER THAN THE RENTER WHO HAS AN INTEREST IN ANY OF THE GOODS AND VEHICLES STORED IN OR ON THE SPACE. Cargo Cabbie may require the Renter to advise, in writing, of the name of any person authorized by the Renter to have access to the Space. The Renter shall be legally responsible for any damage, loss or injury caused by any person brought onto the premises by the Renter, or visiting the Space with the Renter’s permission. Access to the site implies that any owner wishing can remove their GOODS AND VEHICLES at their discretion.
SALE OF RENTER’S GOODS AND VEHICLES IN THE EVENT OF DEFAULT
Once an estimate is “accepted”, a coordinator will be in touch to explain the next steps. Photos of your move or an on-site visit (based on the size of your move) are required to finalize the estimate.
Bookings are not secure until a non-refundable deposit has been paid. Once the deposit has been received, a confirmation email will be sent and your booking is complete.
If Cargo Cabbie Inc. has not received payment of the Rental Amount, or any other charges (“Other Charges“) that may become due pursuant to this Rental Agreement, on or before the Due Date, then the Renter will be considered to be in default until such time as Cargo Cabbie Inc. has received payment of all outstanding Rental Amounts and/or Other Charges.
When the Renter is in default, Cargo Cabbie Inc may place a second padlock on the GOODS AND VEHICLES and the Renter shall not be entitled access to his or her GOODS AND VEHICLES and the GOODS AND VEHICLES will not be moved off the Space until the Renter is no longer in default. Under no circumstances may the Renter remove any goods from the GOODS AND VEHICLES or move the GOODS AND VEHICLES from its Space while the Renter is in Default.
The Renter agrees that if the Renter is in default, Cargo Cabbie Inc. may sell the GOODS AND VEHICLES in the Space according to the procedure for sale of goods subject to a lien set out in the Repair and Repair and Storage Liens Act [RSO 1990] Chapter R. 25 provided that Cargo Cabbie Inc. reasonably believes that the public auction sale of the goods in the Space would not exceed the costs associated with such sale, Cargo Cabbie Inc. may sell or otherwise dispose of the goods in any manner it sees fit.
Any environmental contamination of the Space occurring during the Storage Term as a result of the Renter’s use of the Space will be remedied at the sole cost and expense of the Renter.
RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION OF CARGO CABBIE INC.
All property kept or stored in the Space shall be so kept or stored at the risk of the Renter. The Renter releases Cargo Cabbie from every claim it has or might have in connection with anything that has occurred or might occur on or in connection with the Space. The Renter shall also indemnify Cargo Cabbie and save it harmless from any and all loss (including loss of fee and other amounts payable by the Renter pursuant to this Rental Agreement) claims, actions, damages, liability and expense in connection with loss of life, personal injury, damage to property or any other loss or injury whatsoever arising from or out of this Rental Agreement, or any occurrence in, upon or at the Space, or the occupancy or use by the Renter of the Space or any part thereof, whether or not Cargo Cabbie its agents, servants, employees or other persons for whom it may be in law responsible, are negligent. If Cargo Hub shall, without fault on its part, be made party to any litigation commenced by or against the Renter, the Renter shall protect, indemnify and hold Cargo Cabbie harmless and shall pay all costs, expenses and reasonable legal fees incurred or paid by Cargo Cabbie Inc. in connection with such litigation.
Cargo Cabbie in this Paragraph 4 means the party of the first part of this Rental Agreement, and includes the owners of (i) the freehold, and (ii) the owners, if any, of the leasehold title of the lands within and comprising the Storage Centre, as well as all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and contractors.
It is the client’s responsibility to decide on the level of coverage for the job (Basic Protection or Replacement Value Protection). Any damage claims must be submitted within 7 days (Note: pictures from multiple angles will be needed to process any claim).
Please read more about your options and exceptions here.
It is the client’s responsibility to disclose important information regarding the items to be stored. This includes photos of the items, a full and accurate list of items to be stored, accurate information regarding the contents.
HEALTH & SAFETY
The client is responsible for any parasitic insects (bed bugs, cockroaches etc) encountered within the premises of the origin, destination and/or additional locations. The client will be responsible for reimbursing Cargo Cabbie for costs incurred due to cleaning, sanitizing and delousing vehicles and/or replacing affected equipment.
Cargo Cabbie Inc. reserves the right to cancel a storage term if the conditions of any of the items to be stored are unhygienic and/or the crew encounters any parasitic insects.
ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Any and all disagreements, claims or disputes arising out of and/or in relation to this Agreement/Estimate shall be resolved amicably between the parties and should this fail the parties agree to enter into binding mediation and the parties agree to split the costs thereof.
By clicking “ACCEPT” to the Estimate/Agreement, the Customer agrees to the terms and conditions therein and declares that the Customer has read and understood the terms of the Estimate/Agreement and waives any Independent legal advice in connection to the terms of the Estimate/Agreement.