STORAGE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Once an estimate is “accepted”, a coordinator will be in touch to explain the next steps. Bookings are not secure until a non-refundable deposit has been paid. Once the deposit has been received, a confirmation email will be sent and your booking is complete.
The Rental Amount for the storage space (“Space”) shall be calculated on a 28 day cycle commencing on the date of the contract agreement. The Rental Amount shall be paid in advance for the upcoming cycle period and shall be due on the start date of the next cycle. The Renter will receive a monthly invoice and will be charged automatically by credit card.
It should be noted that failure to make timely payments of the full Rental Amount may result in the imposition of late payment fees and/or the termination of the Rental Agreement and disposal of the Renters goods. Therefore, the Renter is strongly advised to ensure that they make the rental payments in a timely manner and notify the facility management of any change in their contact and/or payment information.
To ensure that everything is properly accounted for, it is the Renter’s responsibility to disclose important information regarding the items to be stored. This includes providing photos and an accurate and comprehensive list of all items, with full details on contents. Please note that CARGO CABBIE inc. does not have an inventory tracking system, which means that any items not disclosed by the Renter will be considered invalid. Renters are to take the utmost care in providing complete information to avoid any confusion or misunderstandings.
STORAGE SPACE DEFAULT
If CARGO CABBIE Inc. has not received payment of the Rental Amount, or any other charges that may become due pursuant to this Rental Agreement, on or before the due date, then the Renter will be considered to be in default until such time as CARGO CABBIE Inc. has received payment of all outstanding Rental Amounts and/or Other Charges. When the Renter is in default, the Renter shall not be entitled access to their belongings until the Renter is no longer in default.
The Renter agrees that if they are in default for more than 60 days, CARGO CABBIE Inc. may sell the Renter’s belongings in accordance with the procedures in the Repair and Storage Lien Act (RSLA). The renter will be provided 15 days’ notice when CARGO CABBIE’s intends to sell a Renter’s belongings.
USE OF STORAGE SPACE
The Renter hereby agrees and acknowledges that any move into or out of CARGO CABBIE Inc.’s storage facilities shall at all times be performed by CARGO CABBIE Inc.’s moving staff and or authorized personnel with the sole exception of a Renter moving into or out of the province of Ontario and with explicit advance notice and authorization to and by CARGO CABBIE Inc. management.
The Space assigned to the Renter shall be used by the Renter for storing the Renter belongings in accordance with the Renters Obligations. The Renter shall not at any time occupy the Space.
- a) CARGO CABBIE Inc. requires 72-hours notice and a $70/hour fee for a CARGO CABBIE Inc. warehouse associate to retrieve item(s) from the storage facility. When providing notice, renters are to indicate what item(s) are needed so CARGO CABBIE Inc. can ensure resources are available for the duration required.
- b) The same terms apply with the addition of Proof of Insurance for any company contracted by Renters. No public access is available to the Space. These measures are in place to ensure the safety of Renters’ items.
- The Renter shall pay the total Monthly Rental Amount and all other charges (“Other Charges”) when the same become due. Other Charges will include, but are not limited to, NSF charges, third party repair or contracting bills, maintenance costs, or any other expense incurred pursuant to the terms described in this Rental Agreement.
- The Renter shall not interfere in any significant way with the rights of CARGO CABBIE Inc. or other Renters on the premises.
- The Renter shall not perform any illegal acts or carry on any trade, business or occupation on the premises.
- The Renter shall not endanger persons or property on the premises.
- The Renter shall not keep, use or store in or upon the Space any firearms, explosives, toxic chemicals, or any article which may be prohibited by any fire insurance policy in force from time to time covering the premises. This does not include household chemicals and propane or other fuels as part of the vehicle or trailer which are allowed.
- The Renter represents and warrants that he or she is in lawful possession of all goods stored in or on the Space. The Renter AGREES TO ADVISE CARGO CABBIE INC. IN WRITING OF THE FULL NAME AND ADDRESS OF ANY PERSON OR CORPORATION OTHER THAN THE RENTER WHO HAS AN INTEREST IN ANY OF THE BELONGINGS STORED IN OR ON THE SPACE. CARGO CABBIE Inc. may require the Renter to advise, in writing, of the name of any person authorized by the Renter to have access to the Space. The Renter shall be legally responsible for any damage, loss or injury caused by any person brought onto the premises by the Renter, or visiting the Space with the Renter’s permission. Access to the site implies that any owner wishing can remove their belongings at their discretion.
RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION OF CARGO CABBIE INC.
All property kept or stored in the Space shall be so kept or stored at the risk of the Renter. The Renter releases CARGO CABBIE inc. and Thombar Property Management from any claim it has or might have in connection with anything that has occurred or might occur on or in connection with the Space. The Renter shall also indemnify CARGO CABBIE Inc. and Thombar Property Management and save them harmless from any and all loss (including loss of fee and other amounts payable by the Renter pursuant to this Rental Agreement) claims, actions, damages, liability and expense in connection with loss of life, personal injury, damage to property or any other loss or injury whatsoever arising from or out of this Rental Agreement, or any occurrence in, upon or at the Space, or the occupancy or use by the Renter of the Space or any part thereof, whether or not CARGO CABBIE Inc. its agents, servants, employees or other persons for whom it may be in law responsible, are negligent. If CARGO CABBIE Inc. shall, without fault on its part, be made party to any litigation commenced by or against the Renter, the Renter shall protect, indemnify and hold CARGO CABBIE Inc. harmless and shall pay all costs, expenses and reasonable legal fees incurred or paid by CARGO CABBIE Inc. in connection with such litigation.
The Renter understands that CARGO CABBIE Inc.’s insurance does not cover the Renter’s stored items. It is the renter’s responsibility to secure appropriate insurance coverage for their stored belongings to protect against potential loss, damage, or theft. It is the Renter’s responsibility to decide on the level of coverage for the job (Basic Protection or Replacement Value Protection). Any damage claims must be submitted within 7 days (Note: pictures from multiple angles will be needed to process any claim).
Please read more about your options and exceptions here.
INCREASE OF RENTAL AMOUNT
The Rental Amount may be subject to periodic increases to account for factors such as inflation and increasing costs of the facility and its maintenance. In the event of a rent increase, written notice will be provided to the Renter at least 28 days prior to the effective date of the new Rental Amount.
The new Rental Amount will be determined based on market rates for similar storage units in the local area and will reflect a fair and reasonable increase in accordance with any prevailing economic conditions.
All Rental Amount increases will be communicated in writing, sent by email and will be effective from the date specified in the notice. Failure to accept the new Rental Amount will result in the termination of the storage Rental Agreement, and the Renter will be required to vacate the premises.
TERMINATION OF RENTAL AGREEMENT
CARGO CABBIE Inc. hereby establishes a 28 day termination clause that either party may terminate this Rental Agreement upon 28 days notice received by email. In the event that the Renter does not provide 28 days notice before the end of a 28 DAY CYCLE, the Renter Amount will be prorated and the remaining balance paid by the Renter.
In the event of termination, the Renter agrees to vacate the rented storage unit and remove all possessions and items within the said period. All rent and fees associated with the unit must be paid in full until the move-out date. Failure to comply with these requirements will result in additional charges and fees.
The termination period begins on the date that the notice is received via email. CARGO CABBIE Inc. understands that situations change, and Renters may need to end their storage Rental Agreement earlier than anticipated. CARGO CABBIE Inc. will provide a solution that is both fair and convenient.
Any and all disagreements, claims or disputes arising out of and/or in relation to this Rental Agreement shall be resolved amicably between the parties and should this fail the parties agree to enter into binding mediation and the parties agree to split the costs thereof.
Any dispute arising from this Rental Agreement that cannot be resolved, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and proper protocols are to be followed.
By clicking “ACCEPT” to the Rental Agreement, the Renter agrees to the terms and conditions therein and declares that the Renter has read and understood the terms of the Estimate/Agreement and waives any Independent legal advice in connection to the terms of the Estimate/Agreement.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Any environmental contamination of the Space occurring during the Storage Term as a result of the Renter’s use of the Space will be remedied at the sole cost and expense of the Renter.
Any parasitic insects (bed bugs, cockroaches etc) brought into the Space as a result of the Renter’s use of the Space will be remedied at the sole cost and expense of the Renter. The Renter will be responsible for reimbursing CARGO CABBIE Inc. for costs incurred due to cleaning, sanitizing and delousing vehicles and/or replacing affected equipment.
CARGO CABBIE Inc. reserves the right to cancel a storage term if the conditions of any of the items to be stored are unhygienic and/or the crew encounters any parasitic insects.