It is the client’s responsibility to decide on the level of coverage for the job, and sign for one option (Basic or Replacement Value Protection A or B).
Basic Protection (Included)
In the event that an item is lost or damaged (see exceptions below), CARGO CABBIE assumes liability for no more than $0.60 per pound per article and covers only listed items, which are not otherwise excluded on the contract. There is no additional charge for this option. This coverage is based on weight, regardless of the actual value of the item. There is a $250 deductible on any claim. Under this option, CARGO CABBIE reserves the right to limit liability on loss or damage to articles of extraordinary value*, unless these articles are explicitly listed on the moving contract. Replacement Value Protection covers goods that are purchasable in the commercial market of North America only. *An article of extraordinary value is any item whose value exceeds $100 per pound (e.g. jewelry, silverware, china, furs, antiques).
Replacement Value Protection
(Option A and B)
In the event that an item is damaged while in our custody (see exceptions below), CARGO CABBIE accepts responsibility to do one of the following (based on the original condition of the item and whichever is less) at our discretion:
- Repair the item to an acceptable condition.
- Replace the item with one of a similar kind.
- Make a cash settlement based on the current market replacement value minus depreciation.
Replacement Value Protection:
The cost of this protection is $89 and covers up to $8,000 of declared value. There is a $250 deductible on any claim.
Replacement Value Protection:
The cost of this protection is $140 and covers up to $20,000 of declared value. There is a $250 deductible on any claim.
*For additional coverage or for items exceeding the declared values above, please contact our office for a customized protection plan.
- Boxes packed/unpacked by the client. The contents of boxes are not covered unless they have been packed and unpacked by CARGO CABBIE employees.
- Damage to furniture made from pressed wood or particle board.
- Damage to floors and walls due to CARGO CABBIE’s protective measures not being met because of work/renovations being done at the time of the move.
- Damage to all internal workings of electronic items including but not limited to: televisions, stereos, computers, appliances and musical instruments.
- Loss of data and re-calibration.
- Deterioration of, or damage to, perishable food or plants.
- Damage to or loss of a complete set or unit, when only part of such is damaged. In such an event CARGIO CABBIE shall be liable for repair of the damaged piece or pieces only.
- Artwork, including frames, or any glass or fragile items that have not been wrapped by CARGO CABBIE.
- Damage to goods at the place(s) of pickup or delivery at which the client or his/her agent is not in attendance.
- Any documents, jewelry, coins, artwork, prints, clothing, furs or any article of extraordinary value unless by special agreement has been made to move these items. The nature of the goods must also be declared and listed on the moving estimate and approved by CARGO CABBIE.